Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Snacks I've been obsessed with lately

I have a tendency to become fixated on things, for about two weeks, then when the novelty wears off, I forget about them. So in a way to help me remember these awesome snacks, I'm making a list.  And to prove to you how portable they are, I took these snacks to work and photographed them at my office!



This is my latest obsession.  I discovered them last Friday at Target, and I've had a bar everyday since, sometimes even two bars!  I love peanut butter and jelly, and I love granola bars, so I knew I would love these granola bars! What I like about Annie's products is that I can pronounce all the ingredients, so I can feel good about eating them.  Plus they are relatively  small and portion-controlled at only 120 calories a bar. 


Before that, I was obsessed with these toasted coconut almonds. (And yes, that is my keyboard and Lexis Nexis printouts in the background there.) I kept a can of these in the drawer of my desk at my office.  They are so good! They remind me of some sort of tropical cocktail. What I do to control my portions is a pour out a small handful into a cup, and then bury the container back in the drawer out of my sight.  The second step is key, or I would just keep eating them all! 


I've talked about yogurt with fruit preserves before for breakfast.  But you can also make your own "fruit-on-the bottom" yogurt cup.  Put a tablespoon of fruit preserves in a leakproof container, and pour in about 3/4 cup of plain yogurt. Cover and bring with you to work/school/wherever you need to go! (Okay, I took this picture in my kitchen at home, but I promise you I brought a tupperware of the stuff to work!) 

So there you have it, my latest snack obsessions.  What do you bring to snack on during the day?

Note: I was not compensated for mentioning any of these products.  I just really like them! 

2 comments:

mollyjade said...

I haven't tried those coconut almonds, but I love the salt and pepper ones. I definitely have a salty tooth. I'll have to find the coconut ones now.

Cheryl said...

The coconut ones are slightly sweet, and highly addictive. You've been warned! If you like salty, I like the "Smokehouse flavored," and the chili lime.