Monday, November 22, 2010

Herbed Garlic Toasts

This was a completely improvised recipe, and very easy to make. I used frozen wheat kaiser rolls because I had them handy in the freezer. I always freeze extra bread rolls to prevent them from getting moldy before I have a chance to use them. I recommend toasting these in a toaster oven if you have one because it makes it easier to keep an eye on the bread to prevent burning. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to make garlic bread. How do you make yours?

Ingredients:
1 clove garlic, grated
1-2 Tbs butter
1-2 Tbs fresh herbs (I used oregano and thyme)
bread, preferably a baguette or roll (I used a wheat kaiser roll)

Method:
If you are using frozen bread, like I do, thaw the bread in the toaster oven. Mix grated garlic and fresh herbs with butter until the butter is nice and soft. Spread butter mixture on bread. Toast in the toaster oven or broil for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: