Monday, August 5, 2013

Fuji Apple and Gorgonzola Salad

 

20130717_200633

A few weeks ago, I had a lovely lunch with the even lovelier book club ladies, at the Iron Monkey, a cool bar/restaurant in Jersey City.  Since I wanted to keep the meal nice and light, I ordered the Fuji Apple and Endive Salad.  This salad is so simple, yet oh so tasty – the crisp sweetness of the apple was complemented nicely by the sweet and salty candied pecans and the creamy tang of the gorgonzola.  I enjoyed this salad so much I knew I had to try to recreate at home.  I made a few variations with what I had on hand at home – I may be biased, I actually think my version is better.

Fuji  Apple and Gorgonzola Salad

Ingredients:

For the salad:

  • 2-3 cups Mixed salad greens
  • 1 Fuji apple, sliced
  • 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
  • 1/4 mixed nuts chopped

For for the apple cider vinaigrette:

  • 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/8 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp honey
  • pinch of salt and pepper

Layer salad ingredients into a bowl.  In a separate bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.  Drizzle dressing lightly over salad. Serves 2.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Looks great Cheryl!